Thursday, July 30, 2009

Biodiversity @ IITM

The IIT Madras campus is spread around 250 hectares of land filled with lush green forest. The IIT Madras Campus was carved out of a natural forest that formed part of the Guindy National Park.

The Guindy National Park and IIT Campus come under Tropical Dry Evergreen Forest type - the least common vegetation type seen in India.

The campus is marked my huge banyan trees like this.




That's my dad posing in-front :)

The trees on the road banks provide sufficient shadow for the pedestrian and cyclist.




Some Random good pic!



The campus houses many of the rare species of spotted deers antelopes black bucks and others.




The Spotted Deer


These animals come regularly near my hostel but when I try to come near them they give this glance and then run away in no time





The endangered black buck!



I could capture the beautiful really rare white buck while it was taking rest from my room balcony. I wished if i had camera with 10x zoom to capture finer details of the animal.





The white buck is here too!










The troublesome profs!




I have uploaded some beautiful pics of the wildlife@ IITM, have a look. Click here


For those who are looking for pictures of "birds", sorry i don't do bird watching! in any sense! lol!!

1 comment: