When I planned to come to Germany, I had in mind some of the activities I should do in Germany. One thing I wished to do was try a winter sport and another wish was to play football with the local Germans. Luckily the first one was fulfilled. My professor Dr.Christina Roth likes skiing and it was her plan to go for a lab outing to the Alps for skiing. Nine of us agreed, four of them Dr.Christina & her boyfriend, Ditty & Aish started early a day before. And we four of us- Benedikt, Roland, Manfred and Me joined the next day. We headed to place Obendorf in the south, near German-Austria border where Sebastian's parents live. A comfortable journey on Roland's 20 year old diesel Nissan Car. With such a wonderful roads, I wonder why the cars requires something called suspension! With an average around 120kph ( which I guess is the maximum speed car can go), we could have cover more than 400 kms in less than 4 hours unless the car battery worked.( I said u it was a old car!). We reached a hour late from our plan but anyways climate was not good. It was cloudy and H2O ( mixture of water and snow!) was coming down heavily.
Anyways we went to the skiing spot and took the equipment and started. First it was my lab team then a professional, all tried to teach me ski. After two days of skiing I learned to stand up walk with the skiing shoes and skii....but I couldn't brake, so either stopped by hitting the enclosure or fell down too soon in a fear I injure some one. (yea! girls were very young to fall over). Nonetheless it was quite an experience!
On the last day afternoon I took the hiking shoes and started climbing the mountain. German forest devoid of wild animals is pretty safe and could capture nice pics on the sunny day. Even though it was snow everywhere I was sweating! I still wonder why.
We came back in the evening. 4 hours journey back was comfortable and while on the go, I played chess with Manfred. A nice excursion to cherish for a long time!
Anyways we went to the skiing spot and took the equipment and started. First it was my lab team then a professional, all tried to teach me ski. After two days of skiing I learned to stand up walk with the skiing shoes and skii....but I couldn't brake, so either stopped by hitting the enclosure or fell down too soon in a fear I injure some one. (yea! girls were very young to fall over). Nonetheless it was quite an experience!
On the last day afternoon I took the hiking shoes and started climbing the mountain. German forest devoid of wild animals is pretty safe and could capture nice pics on the sunny day. Even though it was snow everywhere I was sweating! I still wonder why.
We came back in the evening. 4 hours journey back was comfortable and while on the go, I played chess with Manfred. A nice excursion to cherish for a long time!
No comments:
Post a Comment